My life has been a little hectic and I think it would be a good idea to start writing things down to help with stress and to help with keeping track of my life.
This week has been busy! When I was heading to class on Thursday (driving up from Phoenix) to lab I sat down and felt very dizzy. I grabbed Katrina's hand and the next I remember is laying on the ground with a paramedic in my face. I passed out and had a hard time breathing I guess. The weird thing was I was in a class of nursing students and all of them freaked out and jumped back. (I heard all of this in a second hand account of course but I thought it was interesting). My teacher, Laura, jumped to help first and Katrina was there. They took me to the hospital in an ambo. I don't remember a whole lot of the ride, I was still kind of fuzzy but I do remember feeling very embarrassed. The ER nurse was super nice but the Doctor in my opinion didn't do a very good job and trying to figure out what is going on with me. My mom came flying up the hill all worried about me. They pumped me full of 4 liters of IV solution and said it was dehydration and stress. My mom took me home to the apartment where we camped out on the floor.
Friday I woke up feeling fine and my mom made a nice breakfast. I didn't get to sleep in because I had to rush off to my first exam of the semester. As soon as I became active and started moving around I became dizzy again. I didn't tell my mom because I wanted to get the test over with. I walked into class with everyone staring at me. They hate me enough because I do well in class but now they feel sorry for me. The looks I got, and the fake "How are you doing" and "I hope you feel better" made me more sick. Sometimes I wonder if they think of ways to kill me so that I stop screwing up the curve for them. lol. My teacher approached my asking how I was doing (I guess I looked pretty bad), I started to cry. Not only was I anxious about the test but I was feeling bad and now she was singling me out. She took me into the hall as soon as the test started saying I need to be off my meds. I didn't agree with what she was saying because she really doesn't know all that much about me, she had good intentions though. I took the test (first one done as usual) and proceeded to call my mom. After a little of a discussion she took me back to the ER. They checked me in and my dad grabbed a shuttle from Phoenix to drive the car home. This time around, the doctor prescribed some valium, and meclinize. It seemed to help with the dizziness so he sent me home. Again, no work up, although he was cute.
All day Saturday I felt fine so I decided to go to work on Sunday. I really enjoy where I work and the people make me happy to go to work in the morning. I work in an ER and we have a great time joking and playing around. The patients are crazy and very interesting at the same time. First thing this morning was an overreacting young mother screaming in the waiting room. Then came the many ambulances and we were playing catch-up all day. I was always excited to hear the ambulance dispatch phone go off because that means cute firemen and paramedics come in. I have this crush on a certain paramedic (engine 272 today). I only saw him once but I always get the feeling that he is just one of those guys who you flirt with but never date. Oh well. There were the usual crazy people that we have to hold for days because they are being petitioned by the state to go the psych hospital.
Well 2pm rolled around and we were steaming along as an ER and I felt dizzy again. I was sitting at the desk talking with Karen and I informed her of the dizziness and what has been happening. I started getting really hot and the next thing I know I am on a gurney and everyone is around me. I passed out at the nurses station. How Embarrassing!!! This time they did a full work up including blood gases, blood cultures, and a CT of my head. It was pretty funny to see my mom cringe when they were doing a blood gas, even though I was the one getting stuck with the needle. Believe me, it hurt (and I have a high pain tolerance too)! It is like watching my brother around someone who is puking. Now that is funny!! Everything once again came back normal and they sent me home after giving me a hard time. I have a very bruised wrist but I feel fine. It is almost like I get dizzy and hot, pass out, and my brain resets and I am fine again.
I don't know what is going so its a little scary. All the tests came back normal so it can't be too bad. My parents have taken away my car keys for a week so I am stranded at home. I contacted all of my teachers so hopefully they will understand but I am restricted to the house.
I am off to try and relax but I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow with my regular doctor, so we shall she what she has to say.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment