Monday, February 9, 2009

Interesting Development in Class!

The class situation is a very long story but here is the short version:

My first semester people started hating me because I have been in the nursing field for a couple years and lets just say I know my S**t! The girls then starting expressing their discontent towards me because of my great grades and my doing well in the classes. One girl even went as far as accusing me of cheating. She was out to get me. I came to that conclusion because I was the one who set the curve for the recent test. One girl (Laura) even went as far as telling me to my face to confess to the cheating so that the test could be reevaluated. Well in my opinion these girls are catty little bi**hes! Nothing ever happened except the girls outcasting me in the class. The girls are even bad enough that they complained so much about traveling to Phoenix for the Psych clinical that NAU changed it; even though we signed a contract at the beginning of the enrollment of nursing school that we were willing to travel all over the state.

Well last Friday was the first test of the new semester and once again I did well (88%)! There was however an interesting email sent out by the instructor. She informed us that the Tucson cohort (Tucson, Flagstaff, and Yuma all have cohorts that are in the same semester and are sometimes taught by the same teacher through video) got to take the test as a group and collaborate on it. It was a mistake on the Tucson proctors but it made the Flagstaff cohort fuming mad! I thought this was great! The instructor then decided to give the Flagstaff cohort an extra 6 points on the test to even out the advantage but still that does not make the Flagstaff cohort happy. My grade was increased to 94% so I have nothing to complain about. Here is the email that Laura sent out:
"Hey guys,I wouldn't normally do something like this but I am really unhappy with Donna and our six points. I don't know if any of you feel the way that I do in that although the 6 additional points are very nice, all of us would have done exceedingly better had we had the opportunity to collaborate with one another like the other class. I hope you will help me in expressing that concern with Donna on Friday. I guess I am curious how she came up with the 6 points and if it is as a result of the other cohorts score well I just don't think six points is a good indication of how we would have done. I am not sure what I am expecting to take place but I know that I won't be able to write about this/ discuss this issue further without first discussing it with Donna. If you do not feel this way I understand. And I hope you do not think that I am not appreciate of the additional 6 points. I just know as a cohort we all worked really hard on this test and I know we could have don't exceptionally better had we been given the same advantages. If you do not feel this is worth the time let me know. Thanks. Laura. "
I thought this was great! It really made me Laugh out Loud! This tells me that Laura did not do well on the test. I guess what goes around comes around! Nursing School is high school all over again!!!

As far as my health, the doctor is sending me to get an MRI of my head. She thinks it might be Miener's (sp?) disease. It has to do with the inner ear, and my grandma had it in her early 30's. Who know what will happen but at least I feel like my doctor is doing a thorough job. My mom and I went to the grocery store afterwards and I had an episode there where I had to sit down. I think I am starting to recognize the symptoms well enough now that I might be able to control it a little. Hopefully answers will come soon.

P.S.
Mom went to go by diapers for Molly (the dog) because she is in heat again. Its really funny because when Molly has them on she won't move. She makes me laugh, and makes my life more interesting!

No comments:

Post a Comment