Monday, March 2, 2009

Its March ALREADY!

Last week was so busy I barely had time to think let alone time for posting. I had clinical in Cottonwood on Tuesday, Psych Clinical in Tucson on Wednesday, went to Flagstaff Thursday night to start cleaning the apartment, Test Friday morning and I handed in my keys to the apartment.

Leaving my apartment was a little bitter sweet. I will regret not being able to completely independent but its time to move on; saving all that money is just a bonus. The semester is wrapping up quick, spring break is less than 2 weeks away and then only 3 weeks till finals. Wow where did my life go this semester? I feel like there is not enough time in the day.

Spring break brings a much needed rest and relaxation but it also brings my Dad's surgery. I don't think he realizes how much of an impact it will have on him. He will not be able to lift his shoes let alone do anything in his garage. He felt like it was necessary to sell his airplane that he has been working on for years. What he also doesn't realize is that I am going to be his nurse not his daughter and he is going to listen to me. I know what he needs but I have a feeling he is not going to be a very good patient.

Work was interesting yesterday. For the most part it was slow but there was some exciting things going on. A bunch of cops brought a woman in that was under arrest for violating a restraining order. She claimed shortness of breath so they had no choice. We gave some oxygen and sent her off to jail. We had a young ASU student come in. She said she couldn't remember anything that happened the night before and she thinks she was drugged and then raped. So that brought more cops in. About 3pm a family walked in with there 2 year old boy and basically screamed to help them. The kid was running in the street and was hit by a car and face planted. They parents didn't call 911, they just brought him to us. The scary thing was that the boy had life threatening injuries and should have gone to a level 1 trauma unit. An ambulance was there to get another patient for transport to a behavioral health (psych) unit so they ended up taking the little boy. The good thing was the cops came again! After some flirting, I got up enough nerve to ask one of them out. I am kind of proud of myself and now we are going on date! :-D Just another day in the ER.

Well I am Prescott as I write this watching TV with my brother. I think he enjoys me here. I dread clinical on Tuesdays. To put it gently it is because my instructor is not always nice. No Psych this week and I only have to go up and back from Flagstaff on Thursday for Lab. Short week and I can't wait to get back out to the pool!!

No comments:

Post a Comment