It was a long week but I am very happy that it is over already.
On Tuesday I was suppose to be on Tele but they weren't very busy so my teacher put me in ICU. I was very happy when she did because I got two really good patients. The first was one day post-op bowel resection surgery. He has a fistula (basically a tunnel) connected between his bladder and his colon. Well to understand it better; the urinary system is sterile and the bowel is not. Infection was running crazy in his body. He had surgery to repair it and came out with a 20cm incision. He was a pretty sick guy. The other patient had his breathing tube taken out the day before and they were trying to ween him off a BI pap (what people wear with sleep apnea). Well his system was not ready to be extubated and he was having a hard time breathing all morning. By afternoon he was exhausted so they reintubated him. Both of these men were extremely nice and these men are the reason I want to be a nurse - to help people like them that appreciate it!
Wednesday brought a little rest but it still felt like I was running around. I did end up having a coffee date with a really nice guy that I met at work. I don't know where that will go but we have a lunch date tomorrow.
Thursday I had to drive up to Flagstaff for Lab. We are required to do a skills lab every month to make sure we are up to date and we know what we are doing. I stayed at an hotel overnight and went to class because my teacher was going over the previous test. It amazing how the nursing girls are so manipulative because they wanted to argue every single question with the teacher. One of the girls was even shopping for shoes on her laptop the entire class. I wonder how these girls are going to be nurses. It scares me and I hope they will never be my nurse.
Tomorrow brings rest and much needed relaxation. I can not wait for the semester to be over with!
Friday, March 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment